Sometimes it’s hard to let love into your life. Here’s why…
Do you know how to let WAVE after WAVE of unconditional love into your life?
There are digital mountains of myths about how to let love into your life out there; you see them on Facebook and Tumblr and Pinterest and you can’t help but be instantly attracted to them.
But maybe you should re-evaluate the things you’ve been automatically liking, reposting, and pinning.
- There’s ONE soulmate out there for you. (Not true! There are MANY potential mates!)
- You’ll just KNOW when it’s the right man for you. (Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t. It takes time to know.)
- The perfect relationship for you will “just happen” at the right time. (Ugh. Real relationships takes effort.)
But here’s one that hits at a foundational belief for me, and maybe for you too… If you can’t see the video below, click this link.)
THIS one ISN’T a myth, though…
The truth is that love has found you.
Not just a little, stingy-sized portion. An ENORMOUS amount of love. More love than you could possibly imagine. The kind of love that washes over and utterly remakes your life in the most beautiful way…
Love is already underneath your window and tossing up pebbles to get you to wake up and look down and see it. The universe is head over heels in love with YOU, already. The forests are in love with you. The mountains and ocean are in love with you. The universe has been crafted and set in motion for love of you… – Claire Casey
Do you believe this like I do? Can you let love into your life by shifting your perspective, maybe unlocking your heart just a bit?
Let love into your life! How to start receiving ALL the love the universe wants to give you
I know, it’s not always as simple as it sounds. But there is a trick to opening that window or door to love. If you think no one loves you, no one is sending love your way, there’s a surefire way to change that, beginning now…
“Let Love Into Your Life” Tip #1. Start with the beautiful woman in the mirror
You begin by loving yourself.
- What accomplishments have you achieved?
- What gifts have you already given to the world that you can now give to yourself?
- Is there some healing work you need to do for yourself?
- Are you taking care of your spiritual and physical needs, and giving yourself the gift of as much emotional health as you possibly can?
If you want a list you can jot on a sticky note, here you go, gorgeous…
- Celebrate your strengths
- Practice deep, daily gratitude
- Accept compliments with a smile (and say “Thank you!”)
- Befriend your inner critic
- Love yourself NOW, rather than putting it off as a future reward
- Work on healing the wounds of your past
“Let Love Into Your Life” Tip #2. Surround yourself with the right people
Consider the people you keep around you.
- Are they also emotionally healthy?
- Do they care deeply about your best interests?
- Do they coach, encourage, and mentor you?
The universe wants you to have a constellation of friends like that. Know why?
Because sadness and despair thrives in isolation. When you’re cut off from your tribe, you begin to forget what love looks and feels like, even if you are well-practiced at loving yourself.
“Let Love Into Your Life” Tip #3. Fake it till you make it
Sometimes you know what you need to do in order to let the universe fill up your love tank, but you just don’t feel like doing it. Feelings happen, and as far as I know, there isn’t a switch you can flip to turn them completely off or on at will. 🙂
But you still control your behavior! So in this case, DO the right thing first, and let the right thoughts and feelings come later. Like the old saying goes, sometimes in order to let love into your life, you gotta fake it till you make it.