Do you suspect your BFF is a drama queen, and probably not good for you?
Before you can break free from a toxic relationship with a drama queen, you have to be able to NAME it as a toxic relationship.
Take the 10-question true/false quiz below. This may save you YEARS of misery…
QUIZ: Is My BFF a Drama Queen?
- When she fights with friends or lovers, there’s a lot of screaming and crying involved.
- When you are pouring your heart out to her, she tends to respond with an even bigger story about herself.
- She is super picky. Every tiny detail matters, and if something isn’t right, she definitely lets people know.
- When she has a bad day, she tends to think that her entire life is a mess, not just the day.
- It doesn’t bother her to completely change the story or mangle the truth based on how intently people are (or aren’t) listening and how caught up they seem.
- When her boyfriend doesn’t text her back, she starts thinking “What an unfeeling jerk. Maybe this relationship is really over.” (She tends to burn through a lot of relationships.)
- She loves to be the hero, the black sheep, the star, the comedian — no matter what the role is, she wants it to be a LEADING role.
- She describes every bad thing that happens, no matter how small, as a disaster of epic proportions.
- She is extremely sensitive to every little thing someone says, going over and over it with you to figure out why they would hate her so much.
- She demands a lot of attention, and as a result your relationship feels one-sided. After you spend time with her you feel exhausted, guilty, or angry.
Scoring your BFF
If you answered “yes” to 4 or more of the questions, she’s a drama queen, and this may not be a good relationship for you to be in.
I know, it’s incredibly hard to break off a toxic relationship. Here’s a new article for you on exactly that subject…
Get Your SPARKLE Back… And Turn Up Your Shine!
Things in this world break. Relationships take hard shots. People will disappoint you. Girlfriend, you’ll disappoint yourself.
Some days will be all glitter and happy yoga poses, but many others will be unbelievably HARD.
If you’ve gotten to a place where you just
- aren’t feeling the love
- can’t remember what real confidence feels like
- are exhausted and overwhelmed by everyone else’s demands and expectations of you…
It’s hard to feel normal when you’re surrounded by dark, thundering clouds, and it feels like all hell is about to break loose.
On those days (in those seasons) it’s easy to feel completely isolated, like you are carrying weight far beyond the capacity of your soul.
You have dreams that are SO worth going after, but you get stuck, bogged down, or you just lose heart. It’s just SO hard to do everything on your own.
It’s time for you to put yourself, and the health of your inner soul garden, first.
It’s YOUR time now.