So you’ve been dating a wonderful man long enough to start asking yourself that famous question… Could this be the man for me? Does he have the potential to be my one-and-only?
I posted this quiz as part of an earlier article, but “Is this the man for me?” is such a common question that I’m reposting it below, without all the extra context it had before.
And you know what’s craziest about this quiz? It’s incredibly short. 10 simple questions.
Can you REALLY know anything with just 10 questions?
Absolutely. But only if they’re the RIGHT 10 questions.
This is nothing at all like the checklists you scribbled on the back of your geometry notebook in middle school. You’re grown up enough to know that it doesn’t work that way. There IS no perfectly-formed Ken doll (with an ascot!) out there just waiting and hoping that you’ll walk into his life (in your leg warmers)…
(Quiz after the video, I couldn’t resist.)
Okay, maybe your man doesn’t have a disco, a dune buggy, and a whole room just for trying on clothes. But there are a small handful of very important things that you can check for pretty quickly in your relationship…
And unlike the dune buggy, these things WILL give you a solid indication whether or not it could work out for the two of you.
To figure out whether this is the man for you, ask yourself these 10 questions…
- Is he deeply attracted to me?
- Do the two of us have similar foundational values?
- Does he make me a consistent priority in his life?
- Do I feel strong and good when I’m around him?
- Do I trust him? (Or a similar question: Do his words consistently match his actions?)
- Do the people most important to me like him?
- Is he financially solid (or working to get there)?
- Does he want what’s best for me?
- Have we successfully been through some difficult things together, and come out better for it?
- Is he mature and willing to grow?
Before you score HIM…
If you answered yes
If you answered yes to most or all these questions, this may be the man you’ve been waiting for! He DEFINITELY has potential, and it’s worth hanging in there and seeing if the two of you have a future together. Keep working at it! Because you’re already well ahead of the curve.
If you or your man scored terribly on these 10 questions, then either the two of you have a fair amount of growing to do before you’re really ready, or it may just be a mismatch. You get to decide how long you want to wait to figure that out.
Because you know it, and if you forget I tell you: You deserve the best, brightest, and most beautiful love the universe can offer you. And it IS out there. Promise.