Do you suspect your BFF is a drama queen, and probably not good for you?
Before you can break free from a toxic relationship with a drama queen, you have to be able to NAME it as a toxic relationship.
Take the 10-question true/false quiz below. This may save you YEARS of misery…
QUIZ: Is My BFF a Drama Queen?
- When she fights with friends or lovers, there’s a lot of screaming and crying involved.
- When you are pouring your heart out to her, she tends to respond with an even bigger story about herself.
- She is super picky. Every tiny detail matters, and if something isn’t right, she definitely lets people know.
- When she has a bad day, she tends to think that her entire life is a mess, not just the day.
- It doesn’t bother her to completely change the story or mangle the truth based on how intently people are (or aren’t) listening and how caught up they seem.
- When her boyfriend doesn’t text her back, she starts thinking “What an unfeeling jerk. Maybe this relationship is really over.” (She tends to burn through a lot of relationships.)
- She loves to be the hero, the black sheep, the star, the comedian — no matter what the role is, she wants it to be a LEADING role.
- She describes every bad thing that happens, no matter how small, as a disaster of epic proportions.
- She is extremely sensitive to every little thing someone says, going over and over it with you to figure out why they would hate her so much.
- She demands a lot of attention, and as a result your relationship feels one-sided. After you spend time with her you feel exhausted, guilty, or angry.
Scoring your BFF
If you answered “yes” to 4 or more of the questions, she’s a drama queen, and this may not be a good relationship for you to be in.
I know, it’s incredibly hard to break off a toxic relationship. Here’s a new article for you on exactly that subject…