What is it exactly that women want in a man, anyway? Is is really about luxury goods, six-pack abs, or how good a man is in bed?
Do you have to be the kind of man who will watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding or Bridesmaids (again) with her? Take her shopping and die of boredom while she endlessly compares shoes or contemplates nail polish colors? Ask her about (gasp!) Pinterest?
C’mon. We may have a fantasy of Ryan “Hey Girl” Gosling rubbing our feet while asking us what we pinned today, but we know it’s a fantasy. (It’s a fun fantasy, just a little different than the one you men have about J. Lo.)
Believe it or not, being the kind of man a woman wants and desires is actually simpler than that.
Here are a few of our (not-really-secret) secrets…
1. The “Three Magic Words” are NOT what you think…
Women want to be listened to. We know we’re complicated and don’t always make sense, but we still want to be heard and understood.
So the kind of man who says the REAL Three Magic Words: “Tell me more…” is the guy we would do nearly anything for. Hey, I bet you just got some ideas… Yep, we might do them, too.
Use your Three Magic Words, dude, and become a rockstar to your woman.
(We hope you’ll use the OTHER Three Magic Words, too.)
More for the LADIES: How to Make a Man Crave You Desperately
2. Help her feel safe…
Don’t ask a woman whether she “would like help with” something; instead, actively look for ways to make a woman feel taken care of.
Here’s why women like to feel protected: It’s how we’re wired.
We’re not wimpy, or incapable, or weak. Our bodies, emotions, and spirits are strong, but it’s still not a world that accepts us for the amazing creatures we are. So when we have a powerful, reliable partner who makes us feel safe and protected, it’s like suddenly being part of a superhero TEAM.
Now, don’t misunderstand what we mean by “a partner who makes us feel safe.”
Being PHYSICALLY protected has little to do with how strong a man is, but it has EVERYTHING to do with how a man USES his strength.
It’s less about fending off the a-hole in the club (although you should absolutely do that) and more about not taking her to places filled with drunken idiots.
Here are a few things you can do routinely to make the woman you’re dating feel protected:
- Let her go in the door first (which says “I got your back”)
- Walk her to the car/door/etc.
- Get the attention of the waiter or service person for her.
- Deal with small hassles for her.
- Give her directions about where to meet you, avoiding “unsafe” or clogged/difficult areas.
- If she’s having to tell you to cool things down, she’s not feeling safe with you – she’s on her guard.
- Be decisive WITHOUT being controlling.
- Very minimal swearing.
- If she’s constantly having to peel your hands off of her, you’re screwing up.
- DON’T repeatedly leave her for unexplained or needless reasons (“I just need to check something,” “I just need to make a quick call,” etc)
- DON’T set up a second date to occur at your house or apartment.
3. Stimulate her senses…
This doesn’t mean grope. In fact, you get triple bonus points and an extra play if you can do it without grabbing or leering at all.
- DO let her see you breathing her in.
- DO look at her appreciatively, and compliment her style.
- DO smile at her, lean in toward her.
- If you’re at a bar table, put your chair on her side, rather than across from her.
- DO dress well, be clean, smell amazing, and behave generously.
What you’re doing here is treating her with the respectful attention any amazing, sexy, and confident woman desires and deserves.
You’ve making her feel like the incredible woman she is.
MORE for the Guys: 6 Ways a Gentleman Makes His Lady Desire Him
MORE for the Guys: 7 Secrets to Passionate Kissing
4. Be a MAN. Not a boy…
Boys are notoriously unreliable. A woman wants the kind of man whose words match up with his deeds. That means she can trust you, and that feels amazingly good.
Boys tend to be selfish; a woman wants the kind of man who puts her high in his list of priorities, and does things in her best interest – even if it doesn’t “get” him anything. (But believe me, it will “get” you quite a lot.)
Boys bail out at the first sign of trouble. A woman wants the kind of man who will stick with her and help to work problems out as they arise.
I think you’re getting the picture… Every fabulous woman wants a man who can do these things with style and power.
Sound like an order you could fill?
So, fellas… Are you the kind of man she’s dreaming of? And ladies… Would a man like this get your engine running? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think…!